The TInnGO and DIAMOND project, which focus on promoting inclusive transport and are funded by the European Union’s Horizon 2020 program, have launched a call for papers for a special issue on the Sustainability journal on ‘Mobility for Sustainable societies: challenges and opportunities’. The deadline for submitting proposals is 28th February 2021.
Some important aspects of Sustainable mobility include (but are not restricted to) how goals on gender equality, equity and diversity are considered in the transport sector; how to plan, construct and maintain fair transport systems; road safety and public confidence; transport poverty; public consultation and civic dialogue; users and potential users’ power and influence over their own mobility, climate change and the role of sustainable transport, transport justice, and in general any aspect related to the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals applied to transport.
Papers may deal with any aspect of Sustainable mobility and/or fairness in transport, including:
• How do concepts of ‘fairness’, ‘equality of opportunities’ and ‘equality of outcomes’ lead to different transport policies and sustainable mobility?
• How do transport systems deal with fairness (an example being balancing cheaper fares for some groups, such as children, but not others)?
• Which groups in society are particularly affected by issues of fairness and sustainable mobility in transport?
• Whose decisions form the future transport system? – How is power and influence distributed among citizens and groups of citizens, regarding mobility and space for transport solutions?
• What policies are needed to help achieve fair and sustainable mobility in transport and for whom?
• How can policies related to fair and sustainable mobility be implemented and moved into practice?
• How do issues of fair and sustainable mobility influence different modes and types of transport (e.g. public transport, autonomous vehicles, bicycle or car sharing), or employment in transport?
• Maria Chiara Leva, mariachiara.leva@TUDublin.ie
• Ron McQuaid, email@example.com
• Floridea Di Ciommo, firstname.lastname@example.org
• Andree Woodcock, A.Woodcock@coventry.ac.uk
• Lena Levin, email@example.com
Click here to download the leaflet with the information.