GaDAP Explanatory video – Italian Hub
Politecnico di Torino is collaborating with the Metropolitan City of Turin on the activities related to developing a Gender and Diversity Action Plan. This active engagement aims to raise the attention to some aspects and users that are commonly not considered during the mobility planning process, for instance, women. Indeed, it is crucial to make transport service operators aware of the various needs of particular users to guarantee a more inclusive mobility offer. The Metropolitan City is in charge of preparing the Sustainable Urban Mobility Plan for the Turin area. We worked on a document presenting 5 main actions that we think should be addressed for a gender-sensitive transport planning in this area. The goal is to continue in this cooperation and implement the proposed actions, which include:
- The creation of a permanent Observatory for inclusive and gender-based mobility
- The collection of gender-disaggregated mobility data
- The drafting of mobility plans more attentive to gender
- A push to more inclusive accessibility to means of transport
- The promotion of gender and diversity-aware transport planning.