The TInnGO Italian Hub, in collaboration with AIIT Sezione Piemonte e Valle d’Aosta, organizes the webinar “#WOMENINTRANSPORT: Promoting gender balance in STEM studies and transport sector” on Monday 30th November at 2.30 p.m.
In Italy, the share of women employed in the transport sector is around 21.9%, and only a small part of them hold managerial roles. Can we talk about gender balance? What are the motivations that push a woman to undertake or not a career in the transport sector? Can her educational background influence the choice?
The aim of the workshop is to discuss gender balance issues in the transport sector from the point of view of the work environment and school education, in particular related to STEM.
Angela Carboni from TInnGO Italian HUB will be the chairwoman of the session with the following speakers:
- Miriam Pirra (TInnGO project manager for the Polytechnic of Turin and TInnGO Italian Hub contact person)
- Maria Lapietra (Deputy Mayor of Turin and responsible for transport planning and infrastructure)
- Arianna Montorsi (Professor at the Politecnico di Torino and Rector’s referent for gender equality and diversity)
- Denise Risso (Development process improvement and Diesel test automation team supervisor of PUNCH Torino)
- Massimiliana Carello (Professor at the Politecnico di Torino e co-founder of BeonD)
- Francesca Ciuffini (Head of Marketing and Integrated Services Development of RFI)
To follow a debate moderated by Giuseppe Estivo (City of Turin) and Miriam Pirra
The event program is available here.
Registration is required to receive access information to the event: registration form.